» Surgical Instruments, Medical Surgical Supplies & Equipment
» General Surgery Supplies
General Surgery Supplies
Surgeons Cleaning Brushes
Surgical Towels & Wrappers
General Surgery Supplies: Small Items to Enhance Patient Care
Sometimes it is the smallest items that make the biggest impact in ensuring medical procedure success. General surgery supplies fit that category. For example, surgical skin markers minimize the chances of operating errors and vessel loops enable surgical site isolation. These are small medical supplies, but they perform in critical ways to ensure patient recovery stays on track.
Small Items Deliver Big Results
The category of surgery supplies includes medical supplies that are beneficial to surgical procedures or that enhance patient recovery and well-being. They include items like the following:
- Anesthesia supplies – scavenging throttle valves, CO2 absorbers, anesthesia masks, pressure manometers, etc.
- Laparotomy rings – different rings sizes used to attach sponges and gauze pads to abdominal surgery incision sites
- Surgeon's cleaning brushes – scrub brushes with sponge that are impregnated with antimicrobial cleaning agent, long-handle instrument cleaning brushes, scrub brush with sponge and nail cleaner, etc.
- Specialized medical tape – transparent breathable tape, latex-free paper surgical tape, soft cloth surgical tape, twill tape, elastic tape, etc.
- Surgical applicators – triangular or rough-end surgical applicators
- Surgical skin markers – sterile and non-sterile skin markers with ruler and labels to prevent wrong procedures or wrong body sites
- Surgical towels and wrappers – static resistant, lint-free, reusable and/or disposable operating towels and wrappers in different sizes
- Surgical wires – stainless steel wire in different gauges on spools
- Vessel loops – color coded silicone bands for temporary identification, occlusion or retraction of arteries, veins, nerves and tendons, and ureters
Some vendors include items like forceps, retractors, knives, pliers, scissors and other small surgical tools in the surgery supplies category.
What to Consider when Selecting Surgical Supplies
Some features to consider when procuring surgical supplies include:
- Proven brand expertise and reliability – supplies used for surgical procedures should be defect free
- Need – i.e. consider typical usage or physician practices
- Price - depends on the materials and brand
- Appropriateness – if used in the OR, supplies should be OR-grade, and all other supplies should be specifically designed for safe use in a healthcare setting
- Material – i.e. applicators are available in materials that include stainless steel or copper
- Size – i.e. applicators are available in lengths of 4.5 to 9 inches
- Disposable or reusable
Across the Healthcare Spectrum
Surgical supplies are used in and out of the operating room. They are found in hospitals, clinics, research laboratories, nursing pokertime扑克时间homes, school nurse offices, pokertime扑克时间homes, emergency vehicles, dentist offices, and anywhere else healthcare services are delivered. These item may be inexpensive, but they make a major contribution to a patient's ability to heal.